Applesauce Honey CookiesPrep: 15 min Cook: 14 min Servings: 21by Robyn Savoie380 recipes>
These sweet, moist, spice-scented cookies are a cinch to make.
- 2 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1/2 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp. Honey
- Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
- Beat together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, applesauce and honey. At low speed, beat in flour mixture until well combined. Shape dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 2 baking sheets.
- On a floured surface, using floured hands, roll dough into 1-Inch balls. Place cookies, 3 inches apart, on prepared baking sheets. Using a floured fork, firmly flatten each cookie, leaving deep grooves.
- Bake cookies until just set and golden, 14 minutes. Transfer baking sheets to wire racks to cool for 1 minute. Transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
- Yield: 3 1/2 Dozen
Leave a review or comment