Apple Strudel Wrap
- 1/2 pkt Pepperidge Farm frzn Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet) thawed
- 1 x Egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. All-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Grnd cinnamon
- 2 lrg Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (about 3 c.)
- 2 Tbsp. Raisins, (optional)
- Tempt your friends and family members this holiday season with this easy and delicious recipe from Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry. Before preparing your simple strudel, be sure to return to the Puff Pastry site for helpful baking tips in our Chef Secrets section!
- 1. Thaw pastry sheet at room temperature 30 min. Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix egg and water and set aside. Mix sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Add in apples and raisins and toss to coat. Set aside.
- 2. Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll into 16- by 12-inch rectangle. With short side facing you, spoon apple mix on bottom half of pastry to within 1 inch of edges. Starting at short side, roll up like a jelly roll. Place seam-side down on baking sheet. Tuck ends under to seal.
- Brush with egg mix. Cut several 2-inch-long slits 2 inches apart on top.
- 3. Bake 35 min or possibly till golden brown. Cold on baking sheet on wire rack about 30 min before serving. Slice and serve hot. If you like, sprinkle with confectioners" sugar and garnish with fresh mint.
- Makes 6 servings. Thaw Time: 30 min.
- Prep Time: 30 min.
- Cook Time:35 min.
Leave a review or comment