Apple Strudel (2)
- 250 gm all purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil salt, to taste
- 3 Tbsp. water, (approximately) Filling
- 2 kg apple
- 80 gm breadcrumbs
- 65 gm raisins
- 65 gm sliced almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 125 gm sugar whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. melted butter icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees FahrenheitKnead flour, oil salt and sufficient water to create a non-sticking dough. Set aside.
- See filling for further instructions.
- Filling:Peel, core and slice apples and mix them with other filling ingredients.
- Roll out the dough into a very thin rectangle - so thin which you could read a love letter through it.
- Brush some whipping cream over the dough. Put the filling on half of the dough, roll the dough.
- Put the strudel on a greased baking sheet (or possibly form) and brush the top with melted butter.
- Top with some icing sugar. Serve it hot with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream.
Leave a review or comment