Apple Sausage CasserolePrep: 20 min Cook: 30 min Servings: 6by Carolinaheartstrings301 recipes>
This is a hearty, tasty casserole that my whole family loves. Add an extra apple if you like. The raisins give a little extra sweetness but not too much and compliment the flavors. It is quick to make and there’s never any leftovers!
- 8 Cups white bread cut into cubes
- 1 lb pork sausage
- ¼ Cup water
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and diced
- ½ Cup raisins
- 2 t. garlic salt
- 2 Cups grated cheddar
- Cut up bread to make 8 cups and put in large bowl.
- Brown sausage and drain. Add Â¼ cup water and onion and pepper. Cover and cook until onion and pepper soft. Stir in garlic salt. Pour sausage mixture over bread cubes and add apples and raisins. Stir to mix. Grease 9Ã13 baking pan and spread mixture evenly. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes
Leave a review or comment