- 5 med golden brown delicious apples
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 c. dry pineapple chunks
- 1 x 9 inch pie crust, recipe included
- 1/4 c. banana chips
- 1/4 c. raisins
- 1/4 c. papaya, minced
- 2 c. unsweetened banana chips
- 1 c. dry pineapple
- 1 c. pitted dates, minced
- For the crust: In a food processor, process banana chips till they are of a flour-like consistency.
- Add in the dry pineapple and minced dates. Process all of the ingredients till they begin to combine and ball up.
- Spread mix into a 9" pie pan. Press dough out till it is proportionately distributed in the pan. Edges may be fluted if you like.
- For the pie: Remove the skin and core from 4 apples. Cut these apples into chunks, and place in food processor with the S-blade.
- Add in apple pie spice, lemon juice and pineapple chunks. Process till smooth.
- Take the remaining apple and cut into small pcs to be placed on the bottom of the pie.
- Once mix is smooth, pour over minced apples into pie shell, and top, if you like, with crushed banana chips, raisins and papaya.
Leave a review or comment