Apple Pear Conserve
- 4 c. minced peeled cored apples
- 4 c. minced peeled cored pears
- 2 c. minced peeled cored pineapple
- 1 c. golden brown raisins
- 7 c. unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 c. slivered almonds
- Prepare Ball brand or possibly Kerr brand jars and closures according to manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine apples, pears, pineapple, raisins and apple juice in a large saucepot. Cover and simmer till fruit begins to soften. Remove cover. Add in spices. Bring mix to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer till mix begins to thicken. As mix thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking. Stir in almonds; simmer 5 min.
- Carefully ladle warm conserve into warm jars, leaving 1/4-inch headspace. Wipe jar rim clean. Place lid on jar with sealing compound next to glass. Screw band down proportionately and firmly just till a point of resistance is met - fingertip tight.
- Process 15 min in a boiling-water canner. At elevations higher than 1,000 feet, boil 2 additional min for each additional 1,000 feet elevation.
- This recipe yields about 4 pints.
- Yield: 4 pints
Leave a review or comment