Apple Mint Couscous
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 c. Peeled, finely-minced sweet apples
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped shallots
- 1 tsp Chopped garlic
- 3 Tbsp. Minced fresh mint Salt to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 1 c. Couscous
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. Chicken stock
- 1 tsp Butter
- 2 ounce Crumbled feta cheese Fresh rosemary for garnish Minced fresh mint for garnish
- In a saute/fry pan, heat 1 Tbsp. of butter. When the butter is melted, add in the apples, shallots,garlic and mint. Saute/fry for 2 min. Add in the couscous and extra virgin olive oil and saute/fry for 1 minute. Stir in the stock and bring to a boil, stirring for 2 min. Reduce the heat and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining butter and remove from the heat. Cover and allow to sit for 2 min.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork. Mix in the feta cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with fresh rosemary and mint.
- This recipe yields 3 1/2 c..
Leave a review or comment