Apple Granola Bars
- 1/2 cup. Brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup. Butter or possibly margarine, softene
- 1/3 cup. Applesauce
- 1 pc Egg
- 1/2 cup. Whole wheat flour
- 1 cup. Granola
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Grnd allspice, or possibly to taste
- 1/2 cup. Dry apples, finely minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees; coatan 8-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and margarine; beat well.
- Add in applesauce and egg; blend well.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring c.; level off.
- Add in flour, granola, baking soda and allspice; blend well.
- Stir in apples. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 min, or possibly till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cold completely; cut into bars.
Leave a review or comment