Apple Date Muffins
These muffins are very nutritious and flavorful with just enough of sweetness. Accompanied with a banana and you are ready to start your day!
- 3 cups blanched almond flour (I like Honeyville at Costco)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp apple spice
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 2 tblsp agave nectar or honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tblsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped into 1/4" pieces
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup Spectrum All Vegetable Shortening
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or crystals
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tblsp cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line 12 muffins cups or 24 mini cups with paper liners.
- Cream topping ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon and apple spice.
- In a blender, combine the grapeseed oil, agave nectar or honey, eggs, vanilla extract, and apples (sliced); process on high until smooth.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the almond flour mixture until thoroughly combined, then fold in the dates and chopped apples. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle the topping on each muffin.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes (mine bake for 30 minutes), until the muffin tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the pan for 30 minutes before serving.
Leave a review or comment