Apple Crisp (Or Other Fruit)
- 4 c. apples cored and sliced
- 1/4 c. sugar or possibly 1/2 c.
- 1 dsh cinnamon
- 1 c. oats (quick or possibly slow cooking types)
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking pwdr
- Place the filling ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium to medium hiheat till the apples are partially cooked, and they start to give off theirjuice.
- Mix the topping ingredients.
- (at this point, some people might want to add in a little liquid to get a morecrumbly consistency-I do not bother)
- place half of topping mix in a casserole dish, cover with apple mix, and place other half of oat mix on top. Bake at 350 covered for about 15 min, and remove cover and bake for another 10 min or possibly so, till top lightly browns. Usually the apples bubble up and cause the topping to stick togetherso which the consistency is as good as if you used the butter which most recipescall for-you will not miss it!
Leave a review or comment