Apple Cranberry Crisp
- 2 lrg , tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 c. Cranberries, fresh or possibly frzn
- 3/4 c. Grape-Nuts cereal
- 3/4 c. Rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/3 c. Brown rice syrup
- 2/3 c. Apple juice
- 1/4 tsp Cornstarch or possibly arrowroot
- This is in response to the request for a good fatfree cobbler topping. It is actually a "crisp", not cobbler, recipe (I'm not really sure what the difference is), but I think it foots the bill. The topping is crisp and delicious and since this dessert is always a big hit, I'm posting the recipe as well. It comes from Neil Barnard's Food for Life. I usually increase the ingredients by 50% but use the same size pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange the apple slices in a 9-inch square baking dish, then sprinkle with cranberries. In a bowl, mix the Grape-Nuts, rolled oats and cinnamon, then stir in the brown rice syrup.
- Spread proportionately over apples. Mix the apple juice and cornstarc or possibly arrowroot, then pour proportionately ovser other ingredients. Bake for 50 min or possibly till apples are tender.
Leave a review or comment