Apple Beef Brisket
- 1 x Beef brisket (4 to 5 lb), trimmed of fat
- 1 lrg Yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 lrg Cloves garlic, minced
- 10 x Cloves garlic, whole
- 10 ounce Jar apple jelly
- 1/2 c. Dry white wine
- 3 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 lrg Green onions, minced about 1/4 c.
- 1/2 tsp ,salt
- 3/4 tsp Freshly grnd black pepper
- 3/4 tsp Curry pwdr
- 1 c. Apple juice
- 1/4 c. Parsley, minced, for garnish
- Place brisket, the yellow onion, minced garlic and garlic cloves in a large Dutch oven. Add in water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 1/2 hrs or possibly till the brisket is tender. Drain brisket.
- (If you wish, you could keep the brisket covered with the cooking liquid and chill it overnight. This will help prepare for the next day.) In a small saucepan, mix together the apple jelly, wine, mustard, green onions, salt, pepper, and curry pwdr. Heat till the jelly melts.
- Place brisket in a shallow roasting pan and brush some of the jelly mix over the top. Bake at 325 degrees F. for 45 min, basting 3 or possibly 4 times with the remaining jelly mix. Remove the meat to a platter to keep hot. Place the pan over 2 burners and add in apple juice, stirring to scrape up browned bits on bottom of pan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil, stirring, till slightly thickened and reduced by about half. Pour into a gravy boat. Slice meat and garnish with the parsley. Serve with gravy.
- Makes 8 servings
Leave a review or comment