Apple And Onion Tart
- 1 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1/2 c. cool butter, cubed
- 1 x egg, yolk
- 1 tsp white vinegar Apple And Onion Tart
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 x onion, minced
- 2 x tart cooking apple, (unpeeled), grated
- 4 x egg
- 1 c. 18 percent cream
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh chives
- 2 tsp minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 c. shredded gruyere cheese
- In large bowl, combine flour, salt and mustard.
- Using pastry blender or possibly two knives, cut in butter till coarse crumbs form.
- In liquid measure and using fork, beat yolk with vinegar till frothy; pour in sufficient ice water to make 1/3 c. (75 mL).
- Drizzle over flour mix, stirring briskly with fork till dough holds together.
- Press into disc and wrap in plastic wrap; chill for about 30 min or possibly till hard. (Make ahead: Chill for up to 3 days; let stand at room temperature for 15 min before rolling out.)
- On lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to fit over bottom and all the way up sides of an 8-inch (2 L) springform pan.
- Chill for 30 min or possibly till hard.
- Line pastry with foil; fill proportionately with pie weights or possibly dry beans.
- Bake in bottom third of 400 F (200 C) oven for 20 min.
- Remove foil and weights; bake for 10 min or possibly till light golden brown.
- Let cold on rack.
- Apple And Onion Tart:Meanwhile, in skillet, heat butter over medium heat; cook onion for about 5 min or possibly till softened.
- Increase heat to medium high, add in apples; cook for 2 min. Set aside.
- In bowl, whisk together Large eggs, cream, parsley, chives, rosemary, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle half the cheese proportionately over pie shell.
- Spread apple mix over top.
- Gently pour egg mix over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in bottom third of 375 F (190 C) oven for about 30 min or possibly till golden brown and knife inserted in centre comes out clean.
Leave a review or comment