Appetizer Egg Rolls
- 1/2 lb Pork, Boneless, Cut Julienne
- 1 x Onion, Small, Sliced
- 1 c. Cabbage, Green Or possibly Chinese *
- 2 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 c. Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1/4 c. Sprouts, Bean Or possibly Alfalfa
- 1/4 c. Currants
- 1/4 c. Almonds, Slivered
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Sherry, Dry
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 12 x Egg Roll Wrappers, Abt 6" Sq
- 1 x ,Oil For Deep Fat Frying
- 1/4 c. Apricots, Dry (Abt. 10)
- 1/4 c. Sugar
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice Cabbage should be shredded.
- Saute/fry the pork, onion, and cabbage in warm oil till lightly browned. Stir in the mushrooms, bean sprouts, currants, and almonds and saute/fry, stirring for 1 minute. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 Tablespoons water, and combine with sherry, soy sauce, and ginger; add in to the pork mix and bring to a boil, stirring. Remove from heat and cold. Stack the egg roll wrappers and cut in half to create rectangles.
- Forming one roll at a time, place a heaping a teaspoonful of pork mix on one end of rectangle, moisten the long edges, and roll up. Press the edges together to seal. Egg roll may be prepared to this point, then refrigerated for several hrs or possibly overnight or possibly frzn for several days before frying.
- Adjust time for browining. If rolls are frzn, let them thaw before cooking. Heat the oil to 375 degrees F. and fry the egg rolls, 4 or possibly 5 at a time, till golden and crisp on all sides. Frying will take about 4 to 5 min; turn rolls once. Drain on paper towels and keep hot while frying the remaining rolls.
- Serve with hot Ginger Apricot Sauce. GINGER APRICOT
- SAUCE: Combine the apricots, sugar, ginger, and salt with 3/4 c. water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncoverd, for 5 min. Pour the mix into a blender container or possibly food processor. Add in lemon juice, cover and process till smooth. Serve hot.
Leave a review or comment