Antipasto: Bruschetta Gratinate copyright 2011 art of living,PrimaMedia,Inc/Maria Liberati
- ¼ pound of reduced fat fontina or Swiss or baby Swiss cheese
- 3 leaves of fresh arugula
- 1 large or 2 small very ripe tomatoes
- 4 slices of crusty Italian bread (can be day old)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tsp of Sapori D’Italia herbs- Tuscan Picnic blend (by Maria Liberati’s The Basic Art of Italian Cooking)
- Cut fontina or Swiss cheese into small slices or small cubes. Wash and dry tomatoes, cut into small cubes and eliminate seeds. Wash and dry arugula and chop finely. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place bread slices on cookie sheet, drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil and sprinkle spice blend on top. Place in oven till slices begin to get crusty and turn golden- for about 1 minute.
- Remove from oven. Layer remaining ingredients in this way: First place cheese cubes or slices, then chopped arugula, then tomatoes. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and remaining Â½ tsp of spice blend. Place under broiler of oven till cheese begins to bubble. Broiler times vary- should be 1-4 minutes depending on broiler.
Leave a review or comment