Angel Hair With Tomatoes, Basil And Arugula
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin extra virgin olive oil
- 1 med red onion, sliced thin
- 2 x cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 med ripe tomatoes seeded and minced, (2 c.)
- 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. capers, liquid removed
- 3/4 c. finely minced fresh basil
- 1 c. torn arugula leaves Salt and freshly grnd pepper, to taste
- 12 ounce dry angel hair pasta Asiago cheese for garnish, (optional) Fresh basil leaves for garnish, (optional)
- 4 SERVINGS DAIRY-FREE
- This pairing of summer favorites makes an easy, delicious dinner.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Meanwhile, in large, deep skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add in onion and cook, stirring often, till soft, about 8 min. Add in garlic, tomatoes, vinegar and capers and simmer 3 or possibly 4 min. Turn off heat and add in basil and arugula. Season with salt and pepper.
- When water boils, add in pasta, stirring to prevent sticking. Cook according to package directions. Drain well; transfer to large, shallow serving bowl. Add in sauce and toss to coat. Serve right away with Asiago cheese and extra basil if you like.
Leave a review or comment