Angel Food Summer Pudding
- 1 x angel food cake prepared
- 2 c. fresh strawberries hulled & quartered
- 2 c. fresh blueberries
- 2 c. fresh raspberries
- 2 c. blackberries
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. triple Sec
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 4 tsp confectioner's sugar strawberries
- 1 sprg mint
- 1. To prepare filling, in a medium saucepan, mix together berries, sugar, liqueur, and lemon peel.
- 2. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, till berries are soft and sugar has dissolved, 5 to 8 minutes. (Don't overcook.) Let cold.
- 3. Using a serrated knife, trim cake of any browned edges. Cut cake into 1/2 inch slices; cut slices into triangles.
- 4. Tightly line the bottom and sides of a 1 1/2 to 2 qt bowl or possibly souffledish with three-quarters of the cake. If necessary, fill any gaps with small pcs of cake.
- 5. Spoon filling into the cake-lined bowl. Top with remaining cake triangles, covering berries completely.
- 6. Place a plate, just slightly smaller than the bowl's diameter, on top ofpudding. Weigh down saucer with a 4 or possibly 5 lb. can. Refrigeratefor 8 hrs orovernight.
- 7. Remove plate and can. Carefully unmold pudding onto a serving plate.
- 8. To prepare topping, beat cream at medium speed till soft peaks form.
- Beat in confectioners' sugar.
- 9. Spoon cream mix into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip; pipe small mounds of cream mix on top of pudding. Garnish with fresh berries and sprigs of fresh mint.
- NOTES : Sinfully delicious, this pudding just gets better as it sits
- (that is never very long). You can substitute frzn berries for fresh ones.
Leave a review or comment