Andouille And Corn Pudding
- 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb Andouille Sausage see * Note coarsely minced
- 1 c. Minced onions
- 1/2 c. Minced celery
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped garlic
- 1 c. Fresh sweet corn - (abt 2 ears)
- 5 x Large eggs beaten
- 1 c. Heavy cream
- 3 c. Lowfat milk Salt to taste Cayenne pepper to taste Freshly-grnd black pepper to taste
- 8 c. White bread in 1" cubes
- 8 ounce Grated white cheddar - (abt 2 c.)
- 1/2 x Chicken, (breast, thigh, leg attached) grilled
- 2 x Chicken wings marinated in Crystal warm sauce Flour for dredging wings see * Note
- 1 c. Dark chicken reduction hot
- 1/4 c. Grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Minced chives
- 1 Tbsp. Brunoise red peppers
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Preheat the grill. Preheat the fryer. Grease a 3-qt baking dish.
- In a saute/fry pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil. When the oil is warm, add in the Andouille and render for 3 to 4 min. Add in the onions and celery and continue to saute/fry for 4 to 5 min, or possibly till the vegetables are wilted. Add in the garlic and corn and cook for 1 minute. Season the mix with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the Large eggs, cream, and lowfat milk together. Season the mix with salt, cayenne and black pepper. Fold the Andouille mix, bread cubes and half of the cheese into the cream mix, mix thoroughly. Cover the pudding and chill for 30 min. Pour the mix into the prepared pan. Sprinkle the pudding with the remaining cheese. Bake for 45 min or possibly till the pudding is set and golden. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 min. Dredge the marinated chicken wings in flour. Fry the chicken wings for about 3 min or possibly till they float. Remove from the fryer and drain. Season the wings with Emeril's Essence.
- Mound the pudding in the center of the plate. Lay the grilled chicken aside the pudding. Spoon the sauce over the top. Garnish with the chicken wings, grated cheese, chives, and peppers.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
Leave a review or comment