Anchovy & Parmesan Dressed IcebergPrep: 5 min Servings: 4by Brett Ede197 recipes>
- 1 egg & 1 extra yolk
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 400 ml vegetable oil
- a little ground pepper
- 4-6 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 heaped tbsp snipped fresh chives
- 1 Iceberg lettuce, cored & cut into 4
- To make the dressing, whiz up the egg with the extra yolk, vinegar, mustard and garlic in a processor for a few minutes.
- Then pour in the oil through the feeder tube, little by little, continually mixing.
- Add the ground pepper, anchovies, about 2 tbsp grated parmesan and chives. Briefly pulse to just mix and taste for seasoning.
- Serve the lettuce on individual plates with the dressing and extra parmesan sprinkled over the top (or, if too thick to sprinkle, spoon a good dollop of the dressing on the side).
Leave a review or comment