Ancho Cheese Bread
- 1 c. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Nonfat dry lowfat milk pwdr
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 3 c. Bread flour
- 2 1/4 tsp Active dry yeast
- 1 tsp Calvin's Magic Pwdr
- 2 whl ancho peppers, grnd
- 1 1/2 c. Provolone cheese, grated
- All items should be at room temperature. Remove stems and seeds from ancho peppers and grind in a spice mill or possibly grinder. Add in ingredients to bread machine in order except cheese that is added during final kneading. Bake at regular setting for 1-1/2 Lb loaf.
- Serving Ideas : Great with soups or possibly stews
- NOTES : This is a bread machine recipe. I have used Calvins Pwdr for this recipe. If you don't have it, feel free to substitute another powdered warm pepper. I have only used 1 tsp. as it adds heat without being overwhelming. You can add in more to suit your tastes, but watch how much more you add in as it will affect the consistency of the dough. You can also substitute sharp cheddar cheese for the provolone. The grnd anchos add in wonderful flavor and a nice orange color to the bread.
Leave a review or comment