Amy Nelson's Cornbread Dressing
- 12 lb Turkey
- 1 c. Onion, minced
- 2 c. Celery, minced
- 1/4 c. Butter
- 5 c. Cornbread crumbs
- 12 slc Day-old white bread, cubed
- 1 Tbsp. Grnd sage
- 6 x Large eggs Salt and pepper
- 4 c. Broth from turkey (up to 4-1/2)
- Roast turkey at 325 degrees for 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hrs to internal temperature of 180 degrees, adding 1 gallon of water to pan to encourage broth. Remove turkey and set aside, straining all broth and reserving.
- Saute/fry onion and celery in the butter and add in to cornbread, white bread, sage, Large eggs, salt and pepper. Pour broth over the mix till it is no longer dry but holds when pressed together. Pour into greased 9x13 inch baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 min.
- Serves 12-16.
Leave a review or comment