Amritsari Fish- A popular street food of PunjabPrep: 25 min Cook: 10 min Servings: 5by Sonali Pradhan6 recipes>
Amritsari Fish, a delicacy originated from Amritsar, Punjab is also a popular street food sold in the streets corner of Amritsar. This is an easy fried fish dish cooked in minutes with the readily available ingredients from your kitchen. Serve this as an appetizer for your cocktail party or side dish for your main course. I prepared this dish last weekend for a Potluck party and it was an instant HIT!!!!
- Ingredients for marination :
- 1 lb. of boneless Salmon fillet, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar/any ordinary vinegar
- Oil, for deep frying
- Ingredients for batter:
- 3/4 cup gram flour/besan
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 3 tbsp juice of ginger
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp red chili powder(increase or decrease spice level to suit your taste )
- 1 n 1/2 tsp Tandoori Chicken BBQ masala/garam masala ( I have used Tandoori masala as it adds a nice color to the dish)
- 1 tsp carom seeds/ajwain seeds
- juice from half a lemon
- Salt, to taste
- Chat masala
- Marinade the fish pieces with malt vinegar , keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add all the ingredients for batter in a big bowl, mix well. Slide in the fish pieces in the batter, stir to coat the fish pieces well in the batter, let stand for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- In the mean time, heat oil for deep frying; slide in the fish pieces in batches, not too much at a time; fry the fish pieces till it turns a bright golden brown color on both the sides.
- Sprinkle chat masala on top and serve with onion salad and ketchup/green chutney as appetizer , can also serve as a side dish for your main course.
Leave a review or comment