Amish Pork Roast w/ apples and sauerkraut (crockpot)Prep: 15 min Cook: 8 hours Servings: 8by Denise Sherin115 recipes>
Growing up in Pennsylvania I had the pleasure of being able to go to Lancaster Pa, which was a huge Amish community. There food is simple and delicious. This is a favorite of mine. There is a Tablespoon of cinnamon in this recipe, it's not a mistake, it sounds like alot but it does not over power this dish.
- 4 -5 lbs Pork Roast
- 1 bag of sauerkraut or 2-15oz cans undrained
- 1 lg sweet onion diced
- 4-6 apples cored,peeled,sliced thick
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground mustard powder
- 8 - 16oz Apple juice
- salt and pepper
- Place pork roast into crockpot season with salt and pepper
- Dump sauerkraut in and around sides of roast
- Lay apples in over top of pork and kraut
- In a medium bowl mix brown sugar, cinnamon,ground mustard and apple juice. Stir or whisk well till sugar is mixed in. Stir in onions and pour into the crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low 8-10 hrs. depending on the size of your roast.
Leave a review or comment