Almost Instant Fresh Tomato Sauce With Shrimp And Pine Nuts
- 2 lb ripe tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 c. diced onion
- 1/2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp oregano, crushed
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp grnd black pepper
- 1/3 c. thinly sliced fresh basil Or possibly minced parsley
- 1/4 c. toasted pine nuts
- Core tomatoes and chop (should make about 5 c.); Set aside. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add in shrimp, onion, garlic and oregano.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, till shrimp is just pink, about 3 min. Add in reserved tomatoes, wine, salt and pepper. Cook till tomatoes are heated through, 2 min longer. Remove from heat; stir in basil and pine nuts. Serve over warm pasta.
Leave a review or comment