Almond Coffee Spice MADELEINEServings: 12by Foodessa338 recipes>
Aromatic spices and a coffee, maple syrup butter mix assist almond flour. A 'genoise' type batter offers light, airy little cakes with their telltale humps and crispy edges. Inspired by a Scandinavian recipe found in one of the Hygge lifestyle principal books where it highlighted the French mini butter cakes. For a dedicated post...refer to: http://www.foodessa.com/2018/02/almond-coffee-spice-madeleine.html
- . > (American / Metric measures) <
- . > BUTTER MIX:
- . 5 Tbsps (80g) unsalted butter, melted
- . 2 Tbsps. (30ml) brewed Espresso coffee
- . 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Maple syrup
- . > DRY:
- . 1/4 cup (50g) All-Purpose flour
- . 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) baking powder
- . 1/4 cup (30g) confectioners' sugar
- . 1/4 cup (30g) Almond flour (ground, blanched almonds)
- . > SPICES: 1/8 tsp. (0.625ml) sea salt, 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) ground cardamom spice, 1/4 tsp. (1.25ml) ground cinnamon spice, light pinch of ground cloves, generous pinch of fresh, grated nutmeg
- . 2 xLarge egg whites, (room temperature)
- . PAN PREPARATION:
- . 1 Tbsp. (15g) unsalted butter, softened
- . 1 Tbsp. (15g) All-Purpose flour
- . In a small pot, heat the butter, coffee and syrup on MEDIUM-LOW until melted. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- . In a medium bowl, place all the DRY ingredients. Give it a good whisking to loosen the ingredients. Make a well and add the egg whites. With the whisk, incorporate these ingredients until all is combined.
- . Pour in the butter mix and again whisk until all is combined. Note: batter is thin. Cover the batter and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours up to 4 days.
- . >> Later: Pre-heat the oven to 450F/230C/Gas7. Position the rack in the center of the oven. Butter the Madeleine pan with your fingers. Place the pan into the freezer for 15 minutes.
- . Afterwards, remove the pan and lightly dust the flour over top. Vigorously tap out the excess flour. Immediately, remove the batter from the refrigerator and spoon it evenly into the cavities. Make sure to only fill each cavity no more than 2/3 of the way.
- . Whether making them in a specific Madeleine pan or a mini muffin pan BAKE for 8 minutes. Afterwards, remove the pan from the oven and let it rest only 2 minutes before turning over the pan to slam it strong against a surface so that the Madeleines come out immediately on their own.
- . Serve warm or at room temperature. They can be kept for later and lightly re-warmed if desired to crisp them up again. It's always best to eat them the same day.
- . These can also be frozen for about a month, however, the texture will change and may not be as pleasurable.
- . Happy baking from Claudia's kitchen...FOODESSA.com
Leave a review or comment