Almond And Lemon Syrup CakePrep: 20 min Cook: 25 min Servings: 6by Ambreen49 recipes>
The cake is tender and had a nice lemon flavor to it along with a hint of almond.This cake is delicious and fragrant if served hot, otherwise serve at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup butter(at room temperature) + 1 tbsp, melted(for buttering a pan)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds,divided
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 C.
- Brush the inside of an 8-inch round pan with melted butter,line the pan with a piece of parchment.
- Butter the parchment,arrange half quantity of almond halves in the base and set the pan aside.
- Coarsely grind / chop the remaining almonds.Keep aside.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder,and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until well combined and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one by one,beat well until fully incorporated before adding the next.Add the lemon zest.
- On lowest speed,add flour mixture and ground almonds,beating only until incorporated.
- Add milk and beat again.
- Spoon the batter carefully into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spoon.
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool in the pan 5 minutes,then turn the cake upside down on the wire rack.
- Make the syrup while the cake is in the oven.
- Combine the lemon juice and sugar in a pan and bring gently to the boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the cake from the oven and put on a serving plate, remove the bottom of the pan and the parchment paper making sure not to damage any of the delicate edges then drizzle the cake with the glaze.
- Leave the cake to cool, spooning any excess syrup back over it every now and then until the syrup is all soaked up.
Leave a review or comment