Almond And Honey Cakes
- 250 gm Sweet flan pastry Butter, for the tart tin Flour, for the tart tin
- 20 gm Apricot jelly, for glazing
- 125 gm Sugar
- 125 gm Slivered almonds
- 90 gm Unsalted butter
- 35 gm Honey
- 2 Tbsp. Double cream
- 50 gm Crystallised fruits minced Kirsch
- 200 OC = 400 oF; 230 oC = 450 oF; 250 oC = 475 oF; 2.5 cm = 1 inch)
- Preparation:Pre-heat the oven to 200 oC. Butter and flour a tart tin with a removable base 22 cm in diameter.
- Roll out the pastry to fit the tart tin. Line the tin with the pastry and prick the bottom all over with a fork. Bake it for 10 min at the bottom of the pre-heated oven. Leave the pastry shell in the tin.
- Cooking:Lightly brush a thin layer of apricot glaze over the bottom of the pastry shell.
- Put all the remaining ingredients for the filling into a saucepan and heat them gently, stirring to mix them well as they heat.
- Raise the oven to 210 oC. When the filling is melted, spread it in a thin layer on the glazed pastry shell.
- Cook it for about 15 min: it is ready when the filling begins to bubble.
- Leave the cake to cold in its tin, then take it out.
- Serving:Cut the cake into little triangles or possibly rectangular pcs. Serve them with coffee, like 'petits fours'.
Leave a review or comment