All in One Holiday CakePrep: 20 min Cook: 60 min Servings: 12by Bizzy772 recipes>
I took the recipe from Dorie Greenspan and made it gluten-free and turned one big bundt into mini-bundts. I gave you Dorie's recipe for the large bundt cake. I used gluten-free flour mix and also oil instead of the butter.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mixture
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp grated fresh ginger (or 1 tsp ground ginger)
- 1 1/4 sticks (10 tbsp) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (packed) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups canned unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup cranberries, halved or coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting or maple syrup icing
- I made mini cakes but (I am giving you the recipe for the large bundt cake as Dorie makes it.)
- Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9- to 10- inch (12 cup) Bundt pan.
- Donât place the pan on a baking sheet-you want the ovenâs heat to circulate freely through the Bundtâs inner tube.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and ground ginger, if youâre using it (not the grated ginger).
- Working with a stand mixer, preferably fitted with a paddle attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the butter and both sugars together at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, and beat for 1 minute after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the pumpkin, chopped apple and grated ginger, if youâre using it-donât be concerned if the mixture looks curdled. Still on low speed, add the dry ingredients, mixing only until they are incorporated.
- With a rubber spatula, stir in the cranberries and pecans. Scrape the batter into the pan and smooth the top with the rubber spatula.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Sprinkle confectioner's sugar on top.
Leave a review or comment