Adobong GalunggongPrep: 15 min Cook: 20 min Servings: 1by ShaleeDP1124 recipes>
- 2 pcs. large galunggong fish (mackerel), washed and sliced into 2
- 1 pc. large talong (eggplant), sliced
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsps. olive or any other type of cooking oil
- 1 pc. large fresh chili pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and sliced
- 1/2 cup onions, sliced
- 2 tbsps. ginger, sliced thin
- 12 pcs. whole black pepper corns
- 4 pcs. dried bay leaves
- salt (just little) to taste
- In a pan, distribute evenly at the bottom half of garlic, ginger and onions.
- Arrange sliced fish and eggplant on top of the spices.
- Pour water, vinegar, soy sauce and 2 tbsps. of oil.
- Add evenly the remaining half of garlic, ginger and onions. Add salt (just little), whole black peppercorns and dried bay leaves. Cook in medium fire. When it starts to boil lower the fire to medium-low and continue to simmer.
- When half of the liquid had evaporated, slowly turn the sliced fish over. Add fresh chili pepper.
- When liquid had almost evaporated, add oil. Simmer for another minute.
- Serve hot with rice.
Leave a review or comment