90's Style Chicken Salad (Adjusted)
- 4 x Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts
- broiler/fryer, bon
- 4 x Skinless Chicken Thighs - broiler/fryer type
- 3 c. Nonfat Chicken Broth
- 5 tsp Curry pwdr divided
- 11 ounce Mandarin Oranges In Juice Liquid removed
- 1/4 c. Cashews Unsalted, Halved
- 1/2 c. Pitted Dates minced
- 2 tsp Red Bell Pepper diced
- 1 c. Lowfat Yogurt mandarin orange
- 1/2 c. Nonfat Mayonnaise
- 1/4 c. Coconut flaked
- 1/4 c. Chutney finely minced
- Curly lettuce c.
- Coconut flaked
- Cashews minced
- Put the chicken in a deep saucepan. Add in broth and 4 tsp. of the curry pwdr. Cover and simmer for about 30 min or possibly till the chicken is fork tender.
- Remove from the heat and allow the chicken to cold in the broth. When cold, separate the meat from the bones. Throw away the bones and broth.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pcs and put it into a large bowl with the oranges, cashew halves, dates, and red pepper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, make the dressing by mixing together the yogurt, mayonnaise, coconut, chutney, and the remaining tsp. of curry pwdr; blend well.
- Fold the yogurt dressing into the chicken-orange mix.
- Arrange lettuce c. on a large platter. Fill with salad, garnish with coconut and cashews.
- * Plain orange or possibly lemon yogurt may be substituted.
Leave a review or comment