7 Layer Casserole
- 1 x - 2 lbs. grnd chuck (depending on the size of your casserole dish)
- 1 c. rice - any kind (uncooked)
- 8 ounce bag of frzn corn (you can use canned)
- 2 x - 6oz. cans of tomato sauce
- 1 sm onion (diced)
- 1 x green pepper - diced (optional) salt and pepper
- 4 x to 6 strips of bacon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place rice on bottom of casserole dish, make an even layer. Place corn on top of rice and onion and pepper on top of corn. Salt and pepper. Place one can of sauce on top of which plus 1/2 of which can of water. Place beef on top of which proportionately distributed and salt and pepper again. Pour second can of sauce on top of beef along with 1/2 of which can of water. Top with strips of bacon. Cover and place in over for 45 min. Uncover and finish cooking 15 min or possibly till bacon crisps.
- I serve with crusty bread and butter and my husband and the kids love it. They like the leftovers as well because instead of microwaving I place them in a frying pan and reheat. It might crisp a little but the rice tastes great.
Leave a review or comment