4th of July “No Bake” Skinny Strawberry Shortcake Trifle, Ready in Minutes!Prep: 15 min Servings: 16by Skinny Kitchen with Nancy Fox299 recipes>
If you’re short on time, this big on flavor dessert is perfect to make. So easy, quick and absolutely yummy! This isn’t your ordinary strawberry shortcake either. We’re starting with a store-bought fat-free angel food cake, adding fat-free vanilla pudding, Cool Whip, lots of fresh sliced strawberries, blueberries and drizzling a store bought strawberry glaze. You’ll love how light, fluffy and flavorful this is. The skinny on one serving is 120 calories, 0 fat, and 3 Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS. A regular recipe has 242 calories and 9 grams of fat. Enjoy!
- 5 cups ( ~2 pints), fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup store-bought prepared strawberry glaze, see shopping tip
- 1 (14oz) ready baked angel food cake, cut in half and into 1-inch cubes, see shopping tip
- 1 (8oz) container fat-free frozen Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 snack packs of already prepared fat-free vanilla pudding, see shopping tip
- In a large serving bowl or trifle dish, place half the angel food cake pieces on the bottom of the bowl.
- Sprinkle about 2 cups strawberries evenly over the cake.
- Dollop 1 package of pudding all over the top of the berries.
- Sprinkle with Â½ cup blueberries and drizzle with Â¼ cup strawberry glaze over the blueberries.
- Spread Â½ container Cool Whip evenly over the glaze.
- Repeat the steps starting with the angel food cake and ending with the Cool Whip. Decorate the top of the Strawberry Shortcake Trifle with remaining sliced strawberries and blueberries.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Store any
Leave a review or comment