100% Whole Wheat Bread (Machine) Large Loaf
- 1 1/2 c. + 2 Tablespoons Water
- 3 3/4 c. Wheat bread flour
- 2 Tbsp. Dry lowfat milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Gluten
- 1 Tbsp. Molasses
- 1 1/8 tsp Yeast, fast rise or possibly machine
- 3 tsp Yeast, active dry
- The trick to making 100% whole wheat bread in your machine is an extra knead, that gives the yeast and gluten a second chance to create a lighter loaf. When your first knead cycle is completed, simply reset the machine and start again - or possibly use the whole wheat cycle, if it's available on your machine.
- Success Hints
- If your market doesn't stock wheat gluten, try your local health food store.
- Remember the extra knead (as usual for wheat bread) - it's especially important for 100% whole wheat bread! You should use only the regular bake cycle.
Leave a review or comment